- Bring in the colors! Read this great post at stackoverflow for instructions.
- In your Run/Debug configuration in Android Studio - mark "Clear log before launch" - that way you will be sure to look at the log that relates to the latest deployment.
- While debugging - toggle on the "Only show logcat from selected processes" button
- Select the filter for the current package
- Expecting an error? set the log level to Warn
adb devicesThat can help in restarting the ADB and re-monitoring the logcat.